Thursday, June 2, 2011

Travel Savings

This tip came from a good friend of mine in Anchorage and can be VERY useful to anyone who lives in Alaska and flies (ok, I know this means everyone!) She recently purchased tickets for a trip she will be taking and when she looked at the airfare the next day, the fare had dropped $150!! Since it had been less than 24 hrs. since she had purchased her tickets, she canceled her original tickets and bought them at the lower published airfare. I had never thought of doing this! I've always been the person that once I bought my tickets, never gave them a second thought until it's time to leave for the airport.
Another travel saving tip I use is that I never buy airline tickets from the all in one travel websites. Don't get me I use them to look at airfare prices, but I won't purchase from them. I pick out my travel dates and look for the cheapest fare. Once I find that I will continue like I'm making reservations to find the flight I like and write all the flight information down. THEN I go to that specific airlines website and type in the dates I want and purchase the tickets with the airline themselves. This will save you the fee that the other sites charge. Yes it might be only $15 or so dollars, but an extra 10 min. will save you that $15 or so and think of what cute souvenir you can get with that extra money. Or if your like me, it's extra money for eating at that restaurant we don't have up here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment